6.24.2004

2!

What a day it has been...

Running around, packing...

I'm exhausted.

Exhausted and happy.

This is a poem I wrote a while ago... Last year, about a week before Walden:

Heaven is a long way away.
I've waited so long, and still...
Heaven... Long way away.

Heaven comes no closer, today.
Time, like me, seems to wait... and wait...
Heaven... No closer today.

Life, for me, just now, is gray.
I remember the color, bright and joyful,
Life, for me, is gray.

The night, for me, seems never to end.
I wait for the dawn, the return of light,
The night, for me, won't end.

Sleep and its peace have long since left,
My mind roams, no rest to be found,
Sleep has long since left.

Tomorrow I leave, never to return,
the end of my time here is long over due,
Tomorrow I leave,
And Heaven is still a long way away.

That poem, after I wrote it, was, of course, not true.

Since then, Heaven has come so very much closer...

It draws nearer with every word we speak.

This will probably be my last entry... Unless I'm still up after 12 tonight... But I highly doubt I'll be able to make my Day 1 post. Oh well.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day. I fly at 8 in the morning... Get there around 1... Drive until 4... That's about 7 or 8 New Hampshire time...

Heaven is still a long way away.

But I was wrong. It's rushing at us, an avalanche of light.

-lelandpaul