another surrealism
Everything in its right place - Radiohead
EverythingThere are two colors in my head. But only two.
Everything
Everything
Everything in its right place
In its right place
In its right place
In its right place
Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon
Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon
Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon
Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon
Everything
Everything
Everything
Everything in its right place
In its right place
In its right place
Right place
There are two colours in my head
There are two colours in my head
What, what is that you tried to say?
What, what was that you tried to say?
Tried to say
Tried to say
Tried to say
Tried to say
Everything in its right place... (to end)
(edited in later)
I've begun to enter a period in my life when I appreciate surrealism.
It took me a long while.
But I've reached a point where I truly do understand that everything is tala until we give it meaning of our own. And thus things that deliberately leave themselves open to interperetation are the most true pieces of art I can imagine.
I suppose I need to define that word, don't I?
According to my wonderful pocket dictionary...
tala (noun) - pl. talaYes, that's it. It's the only word in the English language with no meaning. (I owe this discovery to Ben.)
We looked around, Ben and I. Apparently, tala is the currency in Western Samoa... My dictionary just left out the definition.
I like our definition better:
Tala - (noun) Something that is meaninglessThat's tala.
(adj.) Meaningless
(verb) To remove the meaning from something
As I was saying, I've finally reached a place in my life where I appreciate that that's what life is: tala.
That's not nessicarily a bad thing. It just means that there is no meaning in life other than the life that we give it, the life that comes from our heads and from the heads of others.
And, as I was saying, that's also why I think I've come to appreciate sheer surrealism so much. Because it is deliberately tala; it is deliberately, and accurately, imitating real life, unlike other things which claim to imitate real life but actually put a lot of meaning there.
That's also part of the alure of Earth Abides for me. It doesn't try to give some sort of meaningful structure to Ish's life... And he knows that. He knows that life is meaningless. Just read the finishing monologue: He denies that the Twin Peaks look anything like a woman's breasts, then agrees with himself to think of them as such because it's a much more comforting thought. He knows that life is meaningless. And he knows that the only way we humans survive is by giving it meaning, by building metaphors in our heads out of randomness. That's the whole point of Earth Abides, in a way, and that's why I love it so much: It's accurate.
Anyway. Welcome to my weirder side. Hope you find a little bit of meaning in these random words, at least.
Idioteque - Radiohead
Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I'll laugh until my head comes off
I'll swallow till I burst
Until I burst
Until I
Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
I have seen too much
I haven't seen enough
You haven't seen it
I'll laugh until my head comes off
Women and children first
And children first
And children
Here I'm alllowed
Everything all of the time
Here I'm allowed
Everything all of the time
Ice age coming
Ice age coming
Let me hear both sides
Let me hear both sides
Let me hear both
Ice age coming
Ice age coming
Throw it on the fire
Throw it on the fire
Throw it on the
We're not scaremongering
This is really happening
Happening
We're not scaremongering
This is really happening
Happening
Mobiles skwrking
Mobiles chirping
Take the money run
Take the money run
Take the money
Here I'm allowed
Everything all of the time
Here I'm allowed
Everything all of the time
Here I'm allowed
Everything all of the time
Here I'm allowed
Everything all of the time
The first of the children
He say, "One and one and one is three."
-lelandpaul