8.21.2004

trust in...

No, Waldenites, not "The Lord". I was going to say, "Shuffle".

It's a lot of fun. Turn your MP3 CD player on shuffle, and GO. You never know what brilliant, brillitant cuts it's gonna make. And, quite often, it gives you that song that you never would have guessed would have been what you needed right then, but very, very much was.

Crying - Bjork

I travel
All around the city
Go in and out of
Locomotives
All alone

There's no one here
And people everywhere

Crying 'cause I need you
Crying I can feel you
Crying 'cause I need you
Crying 'cause I care

It's a hot day
And I'm dressed lightly
I move carefully
Through the crowd

Here everyone
Is so vulnerable
And I'm aswell

There's no one herer
And people everywhere

Crying 'cause I need you
Crying I can feel you
Crying 'cause I need you
Crying 'cause I care

Only if a ship would sail in
Or just someone came
And knocked at my door
Or just (or just) something

Crying 'cause I need you
Crying 'cause I need you


It should be noted just now that this is a very, very up-beat song. Off the top of my head, the only Bjork piece happier than it I can think of is Alarm Call... But it's not school-time yet, so that's unnecessary.

Anyway, as you probably guessed, I'm home from my vacation in the Trinity Alps. (If you didn't even know that I was gone, well... Shame on you!) And so I leave you with a Laurie Anderson quote:

"They say that heaven is like TV: It's a perfect place, made of light, where nobody needs you, and the days just go on, and on, and on..."



-lelandpaul