4.09.2006

letting go and going off

Well, all, this is it: In just a few hours, I will be on a plane doing a really, really long Great Circle Route over to New Delhi, India. India... I can't even quite imagine what it's going to be like.

That said, there are many things that I would like to be writing about right now that have nothing to do with India. I'd like to talk about the Conlang Relay I recently participated in, and the things I discovered there. About the current state of my conlanging work. About the upcoming Berkeley Language Creation Conference, the first of it's kind, which I'm missing for my trip. About Walden this summer, how excited I am, and how quickly it's coming. About SCUBA diving, believe it or not. About the myriad of piece ideas that I have bumping around in the back of my mind right now.

There are also a lot of things not at all related to this blog that I'm putting off right now. Viola, and the concerto I'm learning and becoming excited about. Essays galore, some on very interesting topics. Friendships that I'd like to be cultivating, but am going to have to leave behind for a bit. Passion Week at my Church, which we will celebrate nearly in full for the first time in a great many years, now that we have a new building. All of these things I'd rather not step away from right now.

But it's India, with all of the sights and sounds and smells and people that I've never, ever experienced and may not ever get a chance to visit. So I'm just letting everything else go. With so much to experience, there's no room for these mundane worries.

May this trip be the catharsis I need...

-lelandpaul
6.8/3lhoni